The Lesser-Known Brown-Banded Cockroach: Identification and Habits
When it comes to indoor pests, the brown-banded cockroach may not be as infamous as its German counterpart, but it's still essential to recognize these stealthy intruders. Here's what you need to know:
- Distinctive Features: Brown-banded cockroaches are relatively smaller, measuring about 0.5 inches in length. Adult males sport light brown or yellow bands on their abdomen, wings, and chest, setting them apart from females.
- Sneaky Entry Points: These pests often gain entry into homes through various means, such as infiltrating furniture, food bags, food containers, and even electronic devices.
- Preferred Hideouts: Brown-banded cockroaches have a penchant for warmth, with their habitats typically reaching around 80°F. They tend to seek refuge in dry, sheltered, and elevated areas, making them challenging to spot and reach.
- Egg Laying: Female brown-banded cockroaches carry their eggs for about a day to a day and a half before affixing them to ceilings or beneath furniture. Each egg capsule contains an average of 13 to 18 eggs.
- Varied Diet: These resourceful pests aren't picky eaters. They feast on a wide range of materials, including human food, household garbage, fabrics, glue, and even wallpaper.
Don't let your cockroach problem persist. Rest assured, we offer safe and effective treatments tailored to combat different cockroach species.
Bye Bye Cockroach proudly stands as the premier cockroach control company in SK. Our comprehensive solutions come with the added assurance of a 3-month warranty, giving you peace of mind. Say goodbye to your cockroach woes by scheduling an inspection today.
Call us now at 306-801-9595
Send us your requirements: email@example.com
Book Online: https://byebyecockroach.ca